Monday, January 1, 2007

The New Year Beckons!

2006 ended as I hope 2007 will continue – surrounded by fun, festivities and loving friends and family. Hardly troubled by symptoms 9 days after the third blast, except for slight tiredness, cold feet and my eyes are a bit watery.

Today I met up with my old friend Rosalind and we went to a meeting. The speaker was brilliant and an excellent example of a recovered life. He said that when he first came to the meetings, he was in such a paranoid state that he sat in a back row with his motorcycle helmet on and the visor closed. Somebody had lifted the visor and said “I don’t think we can get a cup of tea in there but would you like me to pass a biscuit through?” I have been feeling a bit “down and troubled and in need of love and care” (Carole King) the past few days and this upbeat, cheerful meeting where we laugh at ourselves, has restored my happy mood and filled the hole in the soul feeling that had crept in on a negative thought.

A bowl of Minestrone with Rosalind at Picasso in the King’s Road and then off to deliver presents to Avril, Winston and goddaughter Natalie. A bracelet for Natalie, and candle lighter for Avril and a ‘Design a Beaver’ kit for Winston which caused no end of mirth and he produced some very interesting designs straight away! He was still designing when I left (!) and went on to Amica and Frenchie’s to take presents for the children. Another cup of tea there and home for a snooze before going to Aimi’s for Chilli Con Carne and to see the New Year in. Her cosy flat was full of happy young and slightly tipsy friends which made for a great atmosphere and I took my copy of ‘Dinner for One’ a very funny short DVD to play them and took photos of the fun. Mia and her friend Nicole put the Potts disguise kit on and we didn't know who they were (!!!!??)



At midnight we could see the fireworks and the rim of the London Eye from Aimi’s bedroom window.

So ended an amazing year which has been so packed with unusual events I feel I haven’t had time to absorb it all, but one of those years of great growth and richness that I will always remember with gratitude and marvelling!

Here’s wishing you a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful, Prosperous and Loving 2007

Expect good things and may your wildest dreams come true!

I intend to live every precious moment to the full!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About Sylvan.....even before,during
and we're sure after this ordeal,we
love the way she treats people....
with love,respect and humor..which
is also the way she lives and
conducts her life..................
God Bless Her
ckgc

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at hannah@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hannah
hannah@wefeelfine.org